Sunday, November 01, 2009

 

Finally! An update... of sorts


Hail to all who are brave enough to check out my 'blog!
(Or patient enough to keep checking back for new posts...)

First off, I just want to send a great big THANK YOU to those who have been here in the past and have decided to come back after all this time (last post was in February of 2008!).

Secondly, (as mentioned by the caption for the pic above)
I want to welcome all of you who have decided to give this 'blog a look-see. Men do stitch, and I happen to be one of them.

Okay, back to the aforementioned update...

Back in my last post, I mentioned that I had started to work on 'Liberty' by Lynne Nicoletti. Needless to say, I have since completed it. Below is a framed pic of it:

(Yep, it really is BIG)

For review, here are some specs: 15" x 18" 18ct tea dyed Aida fabric (Kim dyed it for me), stitched over 1 with 2 strands of floss, and framed with a 14" x 18" frame from Hobby Lobby. (And yes, the finished project just barely fit properly.) Oh, and for those who are curious about how long it actually took me to stitch this beauty, the answer is 31,320 minutes or 21 days, 8 hours, 10 minutes. (Really! I tallied all those minutes myself...) I initially intended to enter this into a charity auction. However... At the moment, it is still hanging on my wall and looking nice. Still trying to put a 'minimum' value on it, you know how that goes... That, and everyone says that -after all the time I put into it- I shouldn't let it go. We will see.

What else can I say? Well, I have made a few more pieces for charity auctions that have brought in pretty good results. A small one -about 3" x 3"- brought in over $100! It wasn't very big, but it sure created lots of interest...

Oh, and I bought a new recumbent too! This one is a little bit more upright and easier to transport in my car. Take a look at it Here. Nice little bike. I have ridden it on 2 longish (20 to 30 miles) rides as well as a bit of around town riding, and it held up very well. I must say that it did take a while to get used to, but you get that from any new thing. And for the record, my other 'bent is a little bit more laid back -read "way comfortable, bordering on sleep inducing"- so anything else was going to feel a bit different... All and all, (here comes the Promotional Moment:) if you are looking for a good, comfortable, and reliable new bike, get one of these. (Just my opinion, of course...)

Well, I am sure there is more to say but I can't think of it right now. I hope you all liked the update. Thanks again for coming by and I help to 'blog at you soon!

(How'd it get this late again?!?)

gC

Comments:
Actually, I came and checked your blog a few weeks ago... So you see how hope works...
Great to have some news. Hope Kim is OK too, as well as beautiful Jesse.
Your Liberty turned out just great, and framed, it's even more beautiful. With a little "planet of the apes" feel. I could never part from it if I were you...
Lili, still and always a cross stitch addict... but the very small, easy peasy kind of designs... (blushing).
 
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
 
Rather cool site you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Best regards
 
Nice Hat.

Scratch
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?