Sunday, March 04, 2007

 

Evangeline's Journey: Episode 6

Day 155: Back On Track


Hello again and welcome back! Thanks for returning to the updates for Evangeline after my rather long hiatus. ;-) I plan on remedying that in the future...

As you can see, Evangeline's dress is progressing nicely. In fact, it is almost done. Relatively speaking of course... I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I was able to get back into the swing of stitching this project. However, I must confess that getting used to this 16 count fabric again did take me a few days. Eye strain and all. Of course, some of it might have been from sinus unhappys brought on by atmospheric nasties during last week's weather too so...

Anyway... due to the size of this project, I have had the extra fabric pinned back and out of the way. Now that I am further along with things, I have decided to unpin it and move on to another area. I have decided to give dress making a rest (like the last 3 monthes haven't been a rest!) and move on to planting trees. Sotospeak... If you look at the bottom right of the picture at the beginning of this post, you will see the beginnings of the tree that will eventually 'grow up' behind Evangeline. I also got to looking at the pattern, and once the tree is in place it will be easier to locate where certain stitches will need to go once I get up to the top of the project. It should work out fairly well. I can't wait.

Well, I have run out of words to say. :-( Darn, and I was just getting back into the swing of things...

Oh, I do want to send a big HI! out to greg of Ohio who responded to my last post. Can you believe it? Another Greg who is a stitcher guy! He has a really cute dog too... ;-) (Note to greg: 'Achoo' looks cute. Can't wait to see it done.) Click on the link and go check him out!

And with that... I better post this post so that we can order pizza! (We run on dial-up here @ the 'Needle...)

See you next time!

Comments:
Oh she is coming along nicely! i have to visit the other greg!
 
OK, I have just paid a visit to the Greg from Ohio who is doing a great job on cute Achoo, and I'm back here to tell you that you are also doing a great job on Evangeline! Please, please, keep posting!!! I haven't been able to see the tree link on your latest post -which is a pity as I love trees and your pics are always great- but the parking lot full of snow is impressive. We haven't seen anything like that aroud here since 1980 or so... Hardly a snowflake this year, that would melt when touching the ground. Kids were very frustrated...
Take care!
Lili
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?