Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Evangeline's Journey: Episode 5

Day 54: Finally! Progress!!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Thanks one and all for your patience in waiting for my latest Evangeline post. I hope that you find my progress worth your wait.

Update info: as I mentioned in my last post, I have been splitting my time between this project and the dog project. The reason for this is that the dog is going to be a gift for another one of my work associates and I don't want them to accidentally find out about it. Would kind of spoil the surprise, you know? Anyway... Since I can't work on the dog at work, I work on Evangeline at work. Hence, the slow progress. And now you know the reason.

So, about progress. I was working away last Wednesday night and got the lower hemline to the place where it was matching up with the bottom of what I have already done on her dress. That felt pretty good: "Progress! Yes!! I still love this project!!!"

But then -gasping sounds- I realized that where I was supposed to be and where I actually was wasn't the same place. :-O "Well (cursing noises)!" So I decided to set the thing aside and look closer at it later...

Fast forward to Thursday at lunch: after a LOT of close pattern looking at, I came to find the place where I went wrong. "WELLSONOFASTITCH!!!" ...actually, it was worse than that, but you get the idea...

Anyway, look at the above progress pic: See where the needle with the thread is? Good, keep that in you memory. Now, look on the right side of the same pic and see if you can find the needle sticking through the fabric. Found it? Great! You now know how much of Evangeline I had to rip out in order to correct my mistake. FYI: the area in question was about 3" wide by 2" high and took about 2 days of lunches and breaks to complete. As you have seen above, I was not a happy camper...

But that was then and this is now and I can say with a great amount of relief that I have most of that area stitched back into place. I went about stitching this area a little bit differently than the first go around, so everything else went off with out a hitch. I have decided that if I am going to do what amounts to outlining something in my stitching, I am NOT going to add the detaily stuff in until after the outline stuff is done. (Methinks that was part of the reason for the oopsie in the first place...)


Okay, since I have decided to do this post before I went to bed tonight after all, I might as well take the time to show you the new frame that I have recently picked out for this project:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(My, but these pics are a lot bigger than I thought...)


This is a picture of a great -to me- flea market find! When I first started Evangeline, I half wanted one of these kinds of frames to put her in when I was done. You see, when I was little my grandparents had a pair of similiar frames with photos of their parents in them. They have always stuck out in my memory. (Of course, one day while goofing around I sat on one and broke the glass, so you can kind of see why...) Anyway, I have always liked these types of frames as they have a certain 'heirloom' kind of quality to them. Granted, I am going to have to have Kim work it over a little bit for me to get it looking half way good again -the previous owner used it to display weeds- I am thinking that it might make a good looking frame for this project. Only time will tell.

And speaking of time, I am really running out of it now so I better sign off on this post. I have another posting regarding Grape still to do, but that will have to wait.

Until then, happy day in every way and I will see you next time!

Comments:
My! What a naughty frog!!!!
In spite of its efforts to lose you, you have made great progress on Evangeline, though!!!
The frame certainly suits the design, and I also have memories of such frames with my -young- grand-parents in pics... The pics were a little painted/arranged and they looked waaay more elegant and handsome than they actually must have been... lol...
Great planted cup, meaning that Smiley Cup still is useful for drinking coffee?
It was nice to read your latest posts!
Take care!
 
Bad, bad frog!!!! Tell him to go away. I still think your project is looking nice. I love, love, love the frame1!!! it is glorious. I love to fea market and am a dumpster diver and proud of it!
 
Oh, Your Evangeline looks wonderful!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?