Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

And the winner is...

JACKIE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Hello folks! Meet Jackie. She is the lucky winner of the silent auction for The Native Wolf that I completed not too long ago. She informed me that her friend likes Native American themed things and that this would be a Christmas gift for the friend. Happy GiftMess indeed!

Also since my last post -how long ago was that now?!?- I picked up another new coffee cup:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It is pretty good sized and a planter too. I have decided that I am no longer able to plant (read: keep alive) spider plants, so I decided to take a go at ivy. The ivy looks pretty good in it and seems to be hanging on so far. Just to give you an idea of how big this cup is, here is a picture of it along with another planter:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


...oh, and a little kitty statue too. ;-) It -the kitty- is about 3" tall. Also, if you look at the wall behind the planters, you will see the storage frame for my "50 United States Quarters" collection. I have a lot of the quarters, but still need the ones that haven't come out yet. Sotospeak... ;-) (I know... my comedy hasn't gotten any better since my last post.)

In other news, I have been working on both Evangeline and a dog for another individual at work. You may have heard about the dog over at Kim's blog. I will be making another post in regards to all the fun and frivolity of Evangeline in my next post. (Which will be coming up shortly...)

Speaking of 'fun and frivolity', I kyped the latest SBQ off of Kim's blog and just had to post an answer to it:


When you find yourself making a lot of mistakes in various stitching projects do you find it better to muddle your way through or do you take a brief break from stitching? If you do take a break, how long do you take?


Mistakes? What mistakes?!? Okay, okay, everybody put down the sticks and stones! ;-) I freely admit to making mistakes. In fact during my latest bit of stitching on Evangeline, I found a doozy of an oopsy! Suffice to say, I needed to rip out what amounted to 2 days' worth of stitching. (I will explain the 'why?' of that in my Evangeline post...) Anyway... When I notice that I am making multiple mistakes, I usually set the project aside and walk around for a few moments. Sometimes the few moments tend to become more than a few. You see, I am a perfectionist. If I make a mistake, I tend to stop dead in my tracks and find the mistakes so that I can fix them. Methinks that would make me a muddler... And now the truth is out. ;-p lol

Okay, enough blogging fo tonight. I could do more, but tomorrow is a work day and -for reasons that I won't go into- looks to be a stressful one. Wish me luck in the Low Stress area and I will chat with you next time!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?