Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

The Red Bike Diaries: Episode III

More dirt on "The Red Bicycle"
Okay, so it is actually under the red bike... But you get the idea... ;-)

I must apologize for not posting sooner. I am afraid that I haven't been in much of a blogging frame of mind lately. This past weekend the weather was really nice, but I didn't feel like doing much of anything other than the errands that Kim and I did. Monday was... well... Monday. (Beginning of the work week, stuff like that...) Yesterday I had a sore foot from something or the other that I did Monday (I think) and yesternight Kim and I went out for tacos and a few $2.00 margaritas. (My foot felt pretty good after that!) Today at work wasn't too bad and my foot felt even better so I figured it was time that I said something on the blog. And here I am...

Anyway... During my less than active period this last week or so, I managed to finish the first color in the ground of The Red Bicycle. It took a lot less time than I thought it would. I think that I may have slightly overestimated my completion time on this project. May -my original estimated completion time- seems like a long way off, but it may not take me that long at all. Hard to say right now. And then again, I may be overthinking things a wee bit too so... (I have a habit of overthinking things when I take time to think.)

(Kim and I are watching "Lost" as I type this post, so bear with me if I wander more than a little bit...)

I am really liking how this project is coming along. It is really starting to take shape and I can't wait until I start on the top half. Still trying to decide if I am going to stitch the 'sky' part of this pattern. Hard to say for sure, since the color of the 'sky' at that point of the fabric looks like... well... the fabric at that point. You can kind of see my quandry there... Oh well... I will figure it out when I get there. (Need to plan ahead j
ust a little less bit...)

And now, because Lilli has apparently been asking about some bicycle riding type things:


I have decided to make a decision!
(Scary, huh?!?)

Anyway, I have finally decided that I am going to do the Celebrate Cycling charity ride. I will let you all check out the link for the specifics. But suffice it to say that of the 2 rides for this charity, this one is probably the one that best suits my abilities at this time; not just the riding part, but the part about asking for donations too. I will be the first to admit that I am not the best person for the job when it comes to asking folks for monetary donations. In the past, I had family to help with that part of the rides, or just paid the fees and the minimum donation amounts myself. I wasn't overly smart back then. Older and wiser now, eh? ;-) Let's hope so...

I am planning on doing either the 35 or 50 mile route; although I am leaning more towards the 50 at the moment. That may sound like a long distance to someone who isn't a 'longer distance' type biker. And it is, don't get me wrong. But the way these events are organized, there are generally stationary SAG (Support And Gear/Goodies) stops approximately every 10 - 12 miles along the route. They are staffed by kindly volunteers and fulll of water and bannannasses (never know how to spell that word... lol) or other goodies for the weary or not so weary bicyclists. And believe me, those stops can come in real handy on a long day of riding! ;-) The other nice thing about these stops -and probably the most important- is that they give the riders an opportunity to stop and 'sag' (no caps) or relax during the ride. I have been one of those volunteers in the past at let me tell ya, it can be almost as fun as riding the ride itself. I am going to be sending in my registration information within the next few days so that I can get a jump on my fundraising efforts. Wish me luck in that part at the very least. ;-)

Oh and speaking of volunteering, I have also decided to be a volunteer at the MS 150 Bike Tour also! That way, I can hep out the organization some more and enjoy the fun of the behind the scenes stuff too. I can hardly wait!

Well, my typingness is at an end now so I will leave you with a parting shot of Grape, my recumbent. Since the last posted picture of him was overwhelmed by the white fence, I figured that a pic without props would be in order. That, and I want to show FLYBYU a better pic too. (Nice Burley, by the way FLYBYU!)

And with that, I will bid you all good stitching, good riding, and good night.
gC ya later!


Comments:
Boy did that add another depth to the project! Looks like you're starting to cruise with it now. I understand about weekends, had a doozy this past one myself.
 
GREAT! A new post at last, but no bike ride last WE... Now pleasure of anticipation is also a great thing! I'm looking forward to that 50 mile one! It "looks" pleasant from here -although I totally relate on that fund-raising difficult issue... You have all my encouragements...
Lots of mud under the bike, really... Hope you won't have to stitch the sky to counterbalance? LOL
You're stitching fast, but that's because you're not blogging... You ARE right! Because I blog too much as far as I'm concerned... BUT, I'm very happy I have discovered this amazing bike! How about a design with a recumbent bike afterwards?
Take care!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?